At Crosby Nursery we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), which covers children’s development from birth to 5 years. The EYFS is designed to deliver improved outcomes for all children across every area of learning and development. Effective practice in the early years is based on 4 key principles
- A Unique Child; recognising that every child is a competent learner.
- Positive Relationship; recognising that respect, partnerships with parents, supporting learning and strong key persons play an instrumental role in helping children be strong and independent.
- Enabling Environments; recognising that the environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children’s development and learning.
- Learning and Development; recognising that children learn and develop in different ways and at different speeds. And that all areas of learning and development are interconnected and equally important.
The EYFS Framework explains how and what your child will be learning to support their healthy development. Your child will be learning skills, acquiring new knowledge and demonstrating their understanding through 7 areas of learning and development.
Children should mostly develop the 3 prime areas first. These are:
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
Our rooms are set up with continuous provision which is set out in different areas to encourage children to explore and discover their preferred learning styles. We deliver a balanced curriculum of adult lead and child initiated activities, allowing flexibility to enable your child’s interests to be pursued.
For more information on the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) go to www.foundationyears.org.uk