"Parents are children's first and most enduring educators. When parents and practitioners work together in early years settings, the results have a positive impact on children's development and learning" EYFS 2008
At Newtown Road Day Nursery we pride ourselves that everyone receives a warm welcome. We recognise and respect a child’s family members as the most important people in their lives. We encourage families to share information about their children which will enable staff to meet children’s individual needs. Before your child starts nursery they will be invited to attend settle in sessions. During these they will meet their key person who will support your child’s transition into nursery.
We use the key person approach to help your child feel individual, cherished and cared for while they are in our care. This approach means that there is one named member of staff to act as a main point of contact for you and your child.
Your child’s key person can help you and your child by:
- Helping your child settle in when they first arrive at the setting.
- Making sure that any questions you have are answered.
- Observing your child’s play and providing suitable resources and activities to enhance their development.
- Using a home/nursery diary to help keep up to date records about your child’s learning and sharing these with you.
- Encouraging your child to develop independence skills.
- Ensuring that all information about your child is shared with all staff involved in their care.
At Newtown Road Day Nursery we keep in contact with all our parents by using nursery/home diaries, newsletters, email, Facebook and regular parent meetings. We operate an open door policy and ask parents to collect their child from the room where staff will be happy to discuss your child’s time in nursery.